PCPoradenství.cz
Jste přihlášen jako: Neregistrovaný | Přihlášení

Nejste přihlášen. Nezapomeňte se přihlásit nebo zaregistrovat!

Zaslat odpověď   Tisk vlákna    Poradna -> PC Tuning/Modding

Eric Reid isn't planning on giving up his fight against raci

liny195
Pravidelný přispěvatel

Zobrazit informace o autorovi Zobrazit autorovy WWW stránky
PříspěvekZaslal: čt Lis 08, 2018 4:39    Předmět: Eric Reid isn't planning on giving up his fight against raci Citovat

or his battle with the NFL.He just doesn't know if his protests against injustice will include kneeling for the national anthem . Reid http://www.authenticssanfranci.....son-jersey , who signed a one-year contract last week with Carolina, said Monday he is "still considering other ways" to protest and continue to raise awareness.The former Pro Bowl safety did not elaborate on his plans, but did say he will not drop his grievance against the NFL that alleges teams colluded to keep him out of the league because he protested alongside Colin Kaepernick."Nothing will ever change unless you talk about it . So we're going to continue to talk about it," Reid said of his ongoing fight for racial justice with his friend Kaepernick, who remains unsigned. "We're going to continue to hold America to the standards that it says on paper — that we're all created equal. Because it's not that way right now. But we're going to keep pushing toward that."Reid said the Panthers didn't ask him about his protest plans until after he signed.He has spoken with members of the Panthers' organization about his beliefs on racial injustice , but said he is "still evaluating the scope of our country and will make that decision later."Panthers coach Ron Rivera reiterated signing Reid was a "football decision."Rivera, who is Hispanic and was raised in a military family, expressed his views on standing for the national anthem in September of 2017, telling his players "if we're all going to be united, we need to stand, look at the flag, be at attention, our left hand down at our side and right hand at our heart. We need to look at the flag and listen to the national anthem. We need to think and envision an America that we believe in that is free from injustice http://www.authenticssanfranci.....tle-jersey , free from bigotry and free from prejudice."Rivera said Monday that he has spoken with Reid and they had a "nice conversation" and that "I think he has a feel for us and we feel pretty good about it."Reid said he was surprised when the Panthers called last week, saying he thought it would take much longer to get a second chance at the NFL.He said the San Francisco 49ers also offered him a chance to play last week, but that the Panthers' offer was better.Reid returned to the field Monday for the first time since Dec. 31, 2017, when he finished the season with the San Francisco 49ers before becoming a free agent. Despite starting 69 games in the NFL, Reid didn't receive any attention in free agency and filed a grievance in May alleging collusion by NFL teams for not signing him because of his decision to protest racial injustice during the national anthem.Reid would not discuss details of collusion grievance against the NFL because the case is ongoing, but when asked if he will continue to pursue it, he replied, "Without a doubt, yeah."He is expected to start on Sunday against the New York Giants.Reid knows he will continue to face opposition by standing up to racial injustice, not unlike what he and Kaepernick experienced here in Charlotte while playing against the Panthers on Sept. 18, 2016. At that time some fans seated in the lower bowl of the stadium gave Reid and Kaepernick a hard time about their protests — similar to what he heard in other stadiums around the country."There's always opposition when you speak on topics like I'm speaking on, but I'm a black man in America White Adrian Colbert Jersey ," Reid said. "You can't tell me what I've experienced and what I've seen is not true."That game in 2016 came two days before a black man, Keith Scott, was shot by police in Charlotte, setting off nearly a week of protesting that shut down the city and caused the National Guard to be sent in to help restore order."You can't live in your own house in America without getting killed. It's powerful," Reid said. "I will keep speaking for my people."Reid pointed out that 2019 will mark 400 years "since the first slave touched the soil in this country. That's 400 years of systemic depression, slavery, Jim Crow, new Jim Crow, mass incarceration, you name it."He added that racial injustice "has been happening since my people have gotten here. So I just felt the need to say something about it."PFF ranks 49ers offensive line 6th after two weeks The San Francisco 49ers came into 2018 with an offensive line that was hopefully beefed up. With the draft pick, extension, free agent signing, and the ongoing competition at right guard Youth Weston Richburg Jersey , it was a hope the line could become a strength instead of a weakness. Two weeks in and things aren’t so bad. Pro Football Focus has their offensive line rankings after two weeks, and you may have a double take when you see where the 49ers are ranked: Here’s what they said: Sixth is quite a jump for this group, but there’s much they can improve on. In 2017, before Jimmy Garoppolo went under center for the final five games, the line had several issues, notably protecting the quarterback in pass protection. It improved a great deal with Garoppolo’s abilty to get the ball out quick, but it still needed work if they were going to keep Garoppolo upright. They drafted Mike McGlinchey with their first pick in the 2018 NFL draft and signed Weston Richburg in free agency. Laken Tomlinson signed an extension in the offseason while the right guard position is still ongoing between Mike Person and Joshua Garnett. The line gave up six sacks in Week 2 against the Detroit Lions, but some of those sacks are on the shoulders of Garoppolo who tucked the ball and took the hit rather than force something into tight coverage with the Lions’ grabby secondary. The rest of them are due to some of the line’s blocking and some play design, as broken down by James Brady. This is only two weeks and the 49ers have 14 more games to play before we can say the line has become a crowning achievement, but given some of the awful protection displayed last year, this is a great sign on how much things have been retooled.

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď   Tisk vlákna    Poradna -> PC Tuning/Modding Strana 1 z 1

Odeslat rychlou odpověď:
Uživatel: 

Přejdi na:  
Můžete přidat nové téma do tohoto fóra.
Můžete odpovídat na témata v tomto fóru.