PCPoradenství.cz
Jste přihlášen jako: Neregistrovaný | Přihlášení

Nejste přihlášen. Nezapomeňte se přihlásit nebo zaregistrovat!

Zaslat odpověď   Tisk vlákna    Poradna -> PC Tuning/Modding

and keep that thing going.”

liny195
Pravidelný přispěvatel

Zobrazit informace o autorovi Zobrazit autorovy WWW stránky
PříspěvekZaslal: st Říj 10, 2018 7:47    Předmět: and keep that thing going.” Citovat

Oakland Athletics slugger Mark Canha grew up a Giants fan and felt bad about flipping his bat after hitting a home run at AT&T Park Texans Authentic Jerseys , to the point where the Northern California native took to Twitter to issue an apology.

Then he took it all back.

Canha’s go-ahead home run in the seventh inning was the difference as Oakland continued its late-game success, rallying to beat San Francisco 4-3 on Saturday night.

”He’s a fiery guy,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. ”He likes to try to fire the guys up and himself for sure. Everybody has their certain celebrations. It’s not looked at like years ago when it was looked at a little bit differently.”

Stephen Piscotty and Marcus Semien had two hits apiece. Khris Davis added a sacrifice fly to help the A’s improve to 20-6 since June 16, tied with Boston for the best record in the majors during that stretch.

One night after being limited to three hits in a 7-1 loss, Oakland again struggled early until breaking out in the seventh.

Josh Phegley hit a leadoff single against Tony Watson (2-3). Canha followed with his 12th home run, a towering two-run blast, and emphatically flipped his bat and stared into the A’s dugout before trotting around the bases.

It’s Canha’s first career pinch-hit home run and helped the A’s avoid their first back-to-back losses since a season-high, four-game skid June 12-15.

”People getting offended by bat flips is so silly,” Canha said. ”I’m not really sorry. It’s part of our game. Everybody does it. If someone is going to throw at me because of it, I’ve got thrown at in the past this season for bat flipping. I clearly didn’t learn my lesson. If you’re offended by that, I don’t care.”

Buster Posey, Steven Duggar and Chase d’Arnaud had two hits apiece for the Giants.

”We were just missing that one more hit tonight,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. ”You need a timely hit somewhere and their pitching did a pretty good job tonight.”

Oakland has scored 173 runs in the seventh inning or later this season, tied with Houston for second-most in the majors.

Yusmeiro Petit (4-2) retired eight batters to win. All-Star closer Blake Treinen pitched the ninth for his 24th save.

The A’s needed it after started Brett Anderson failed to make it out of the fourth.

”When we have a full bullpen we can go to it early Cowboys Game Jerseys ,” Melvin said. ”We get a lead, we feel pretty good about it.”

The Giants led 3-2 after Gorkys Hernandez hit an RBI double and scored on pinch-hitter Austin Slater’s single off Oakland starter Brett Anderson in the fourth.

TOSSED

Giants first baseman Brandon Belt was ejected after the bottom of the fourth inning and had to be physically restrained from going after third base umpire Greg Gibson. Belt was upset over being called out on a checked swing and argued with Gibson as he took the field between innings. Gibson immediately ejected Belt, who angrily slammed his glove to the ground and began walking toward the umpire before teammates intervened.

QUOTABLE

”I came to this park as a kid a lot, and it’s just going to be fun to go brag to all my Giants fans and say that I did that after having a lot of really great childhood memories here.” – Canha on his deciding home run.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Athletics: All-Star 2B Jed Lowrie struck out looking as a pinch hitter in the ninth after being held out of the lineup with a bone bruise and calf bruise in his left leg following a scary collision with Piscotty in right field Friday. . Reliever Santiago Casilla was designated for assignment. … 2B Franklin Barreto was recalled from Triple-A Nashville. RHP Ryan Dull was optioned down. RHP Daniel Mengden was sent to Nashville to begin a rehab assignment.

UP NEXT

Oakland LHP Sean Manaea (8-6, 3.44 ERA) goes for his fourth consecutive win on Sunday. Manaea is holding opponents to a .217 average over his last seven starts. LHP Andrew Suarez (3-5 3.75), who has allowed two runs or fewer in his previous six starts, pitches for San Francisco.

The path for Stefon Diggs to last-play touchdown fame and sudden Minnesota savior didn’t start with such brilliance.

Diggs has only arrived at this stage of his life and his career, a Vikings standout on the verge of a Super Bowl, with an unrelenting diligence and a dose of humility.

For all the natural talent of a consensus five-star recruit coming out of high school, he’s sure had to work hard to get here.

”He’s my guy. I love him to death. I appreciate all he does for this team, and I appreciate all he’s done for me,” fellow wide receiver Adam Thielen said. ”He’s pushed me harder than anybody has pushed me in my life.”

Remember those first three regular-season games in the NFL? Not really. He was a healthy scratch on the sideline.

That’s a long way from the 61-yard catch-turn-run sequence that Diggs produced as time expired on Sunday that sent the Vikings to the NFC championship game with a 29-24 victory over New Orleans .

”He continually has gotten better over the past three years,” tight end Kyle Rudolph said.

”It’s awesome to see guys like that who work so hard have an opportunity in such a big moment and for them to make the most of it.”

Treating each practice as if it’s a game is a common response from teammates asked about Diggs and his work ethic. Thielen and Diggs are widely considered to be two of the sharpest and savviest route runners in the league.

”He wants to win. Whether he’s getting the ball or he’s not getting ball, blocking or not Adidas Steven Stamkos Jersey , whatever he’s doing, he wants to win,” Vikings cornerback Mackensie Alexander said, adding: ”The thing I love about Diggs is he doesn’t let the game be bigger than him. He just kind of goes in the game, and it’s just another game. That allows you to play well.”

Setbacks became a recurring theme for Diggs, who chose to stay in his home state and play for Maryland so his family could watch him more often despite offers from powerhouse programs such as Auburn, Florida and USC.

With the Terrapins, though, he caught passes from four different quarterbacks over three seasons, with more than one starter used each year.

Injuries each season kept him from playing a full schedule, including a broken leg as a sophomore and a lacerated kidney as a junior.

When he declared for the draft a year early, there were also questions from NFL teams about his attitude and compliance.

After high stepping and somersaulting into the end zone in one game in 2013, coach Randy Edsall pulled him aside for a mild admonishment to remind him about the importance of reputation.

With substandard 6-foot height also a factor, Diggs fell to the fifth round for the Vikings to find one of the true steals of that 2015 draft. He made an immediate impact in his debut at Denver Authentic Denzel Ward Jersey , with six receptions for 87 yards. Four games in, he had 419 yards and two touchdowns.

”When I was going into the combine and stuff like that, I had 100 percent confidence in myself,” Diggs said on Wednesday, as the Vikings reconvened for practice in preparation for their game Sunday at Philadelphia.

”I had a lot of support along the way. I had some great coaches and some great teammates that pushed me in the right direction. I’ll never take all the credit.”

His production waned down the stretch of his rookie season, with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater still developing on the job.

In Sam Bradford’s first game for Minnesota in 2016, the lid-lifter at U.S. Bank Stadium against rival Green Bay, Diggs hauled in 13 catches for 182 yards and a score in front of a prime time Sunday night audience.

But a groin injury cost him one game and some momentum. Then he hurt his knee and missed another game.

His first two games at home in 2017 were showstoppers, with two touchdowns apiece, but that groin injury popped up again at Chicago and kept him out for the next two weeks. Thielen, meanwhile, surpassed him as Case Keenum’s favorite target.

There was Diggs in the huddle on Sunday, though, with 10 seconds left listening to Keenum tell the receivers he was going to give somebody a shot.

”It meant so much to me to see my quarterback believe in me the last play of the game Youth Pernell McPhee Jersey ,” said Diggs, who began crying hard enough to cut short and turn away from one of his on-field TV interviews after the winning touchdown.

His younger brother, Trevon Diggs, happened to be in the stadium that evening for his first live NFL game. He’s a cornerback and punt returner for Alabama who just won a national championship. Their father, Aron Diggs, died 10 years ago of heart failure .

”He started me in football. He played a huge part in what’s going on now. That’s the biggest thing. Kind of try and thank him prior to the game, him and God,” Diggs said, ”and try and keep that thing going.”

Atlanta Falcons Customized Jerseys

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď   Tisk vlákna    Poradna -> PC Tuning/Modding Strana 1 z 1

Odeslat rychlou odpověď:
Uživatel: 

Přejdi na:  
Můžete přidat nové téma do tohoto fóra.
Můžete odpovídat na témata v tomto fóru.