PCPoradenství.cz
Jste přihlášen jako: Neregistrovaný | Přihlášení

Nejste přihlášen. Nezapomeňte se přihlásit nebo zaregistrovat!

Zaslat odpověď   Tisk vlákna    Poradna -> Periferie

The stadium construction

chenyan94
Účastník

Zobrazit informace o autorovi Zobrazit autorovy WWW stránky
PříspěvekZaslal: čt Říj 11, 2018 7:48    Předmět: The stadium construction Citovat

Saints cornerback Patrick Robinson sees his ease in front of a swarm of microphones as symbolic of the more secure person and player he has become since his unsatisfying first stint in New Orleans.

He left the Saints in 2015 as a five-year veteran who'd never quite lived up to expectations since being selected out of Florida State in the first round of the 2010 draft Randall Cobb Jersey , just months after the Saints had won their only Super Bowl. Now he's back one season after winning his first Super Bowl with Philadelphia.

"My first tenure here I was quite weak-minded, to be honest," says Robinson, who signed a four-year free-agent contract worth about $20 million with New Orleans this offseason. "I wasn't that mentally strong. I left and had some experiences, and that definitely helped me. So now I'm a totally different person."

Early in his career, Robinson routinely struggled to get out entire sentences without seizing up in awkward silence as he tried to make his mouth utter the words in his head. It was known that he preferred to conduct interviews off camera.

Not anymore. And the way the 30-year-old Robinson sees it, the same growth in maturity and confidence that helped him overcome his speech impediment also helped him on the field, and he asserts that the Saints are regaining his services at a time when he's the best he's ever been.

"Going through the trials and tribulations 鈥?that really helped me as a person. So I've definitely grown since then, a lot," Robinson said. "I'm more comfortable. I just try not to make it more than what it is."

Robinson said a combination of self-doubt and a tendency to get discouraged by injuries kept him from playing to his potential early in his career. It also didn't help that he played man-to-man coverage all throughout his college career. He described learning the Saints' more exotic defense his rookie season as something akin to "a different language for me. And I was kind of lost 鈥?very lost."

He didn't become a full-time starter until his third season, in 2012, when New Orleans fielded one of the worst defenses in NFL history. Injuries sidelined him nearly all of the 2013 season, when New Orleans defense improved dramatically and the team made the playoffs. He returned as a starter in 2014, when New Orleans again struggled defensively, ranking last in the league Broncos Elite Jerseys , and the Saints missed the playoffs.

Robinson then spent one season each in San Diego and Indianapolis before sliding into a role as a slot defender last season with the Eagles. It seemed to suit him. His four interceptions tied his career high, first set with the Saints in 2011. Robinson added an interception for a 50-yard touchdown in the Eagles' NFC title game triumph over Minnesota.

Now Robinson even has the confidence to discuss some of the changes he's noticed in coach Sean Payton since his previous stint with the club.

"I've definitely seen a difference. Before he was just like very serious about everything," Robinson said. "Now he's kind of lightened up a little bit, has a bit of leeway with certain things.

"I'm not sure why, but he's a little bit more lenient."

Saints quarterback Drew Brees was fresh off his Super Bowl MVP season when he was invited to announce Robinson as the Saints' top pick in the following draft. He said Robinson's maturity has been evident in camp.

"He just doesn't look like a young guy who's still trying to get it and understand it," Brees said. "He looks like a guy who's been there, played that position, and has had that experience. He's seen that route and that concept. ... He is much better with his communication with other defensive backs out there on the field."

Although the palatial Inglewood NFL stadium is still nearly two years from completion, the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers are ready to fill it up.

The Rams will begin season ticket sales in about two weeks for more than 50,000 seats in the under-construction stadium at Hollywood Park, the club announced Thursday. The Chargers will put general season tickets on sale in the first week of October.

The Rams began selling the new stadium's higher-end club seats in March, and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff said they're moving briskly ahead of the stadium's 2020 opening. The other 70 percent of the seating goes on sale shortly for its debut season, with the cheapest seats for Rams games starting at $60 per game with a $1,000 seat license.

Current season ticket holders get the first shot at seats in Los Angeles' first new football-specific stadium in nearly 100 years. Every seat in the arena is likely to be sold as a season ticket with a seat license fee for Rams games, and the most expensive seats in the new sale are going for $200 apiece with a $15 Authentic Avonte Maddox Jersey ,000 seat license.

So while single-game sales for the Rams are likely to be limited to standing-room-only tickets, the team is still eager to fill its seats with passionate fans 鈥?preferably fans who are already season ticket holders in the Coliseum.

"That was the most important thing for us, that we don't lose the home-field advantage," Demoff said. "Between the roof and the building being sunk 100 feet in the ground, this building should be loud. This should be a building full of Rams fans, and you'll be able to hear it."

The stadium construction is proceeding briskly, according to Demoff, with some 2,500 workers currently on site and the total progress past the halfway mark to completion. Installation of the massive roof was going on last month while the Rams were playing a preseason game up at the Coliseum against the Houston Texans.

The rest of the 298-acre complex will take longer to finish, and much of it won't be open until after the stadium debuts. That's largely because much of the land that will house the complex's large shopping center, offices and a hotel has been used as storage space for the stadium's construction materials.

Demoff is optimistic everything will be operational by the time Inglewood hosts the Super Bowl on Feb. 6, 2022.

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď   Tisk vlákna    Poradna -> Periferie Strana 1 z 1

Odeslat rychlou odpověď:
Uživatel: 

Přejdi na:  
Můžete přidat nové téma do tohoto fóra.
Můžete odpovídat na témata v tomto fóru.